Your privacy is important to me, Nancee Cain. I will not ask for personal information unless I truly need it (for example to send requested information or contact contest winners.) Nor will I share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our site or protect our rights.
It is Nancee Cain’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites (including, but not limited to this site and nanceecain.com,).
The information you provide when you join my mailing list will never be sold or shared with anyone. I typically send out 4-10 newsletters a year, where I tell you about new books, sales, giveaways, and give you advance previews of book covers and content from upcoming releases.
Information I Collect
I collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to me, automatically through operating my websites, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that I collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that I collect information that you provide to me. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how I use the information. This site is directed to adults and not directed to children under the age of 13. I ask
that minors not submit any Personally Identifiable Information. Here are some examples:
- Public Profile Information: If you have a WordPress account and are logged in when commenting on this website, I may collect the information that you provide for your public profile. For example, if you have a WordPress.com account, your username is part of that public profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile. Your public profile is just that—public—so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Communications with Us (Hello!): You may also provide me information when you respond to surveys or ping us with a support question.
Information That is Collected Automatically
Some information is collected automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our websites.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our websites. For example, we collect information about what happens when you use our websites (e.g., page views, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our websites to you, as well as get insights on how people use our websites, so we can make our websites better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit my website from certain geographic regions.
How I Use Information
I may use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our websites, which helps us improve our content, share relevant information, and even help determine event locations;
- To monitor and protect the security of our websites, detect and prevent fraudulent behavior and other illegal activities and fight spam;
- To communicate with you about new book releases, promotions, and recommendations of other books and media by others I think will be of interest to you, or solicit your feedback; and
- To personalize your experience using my websites, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
How I Share Information
I do not sell my users’ private personal information.
I may share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our websites to you (like web hosting vendors) and those that help us understand and enhance our websites (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Nancee Cain, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site.
While no online service is 100% secure, I work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you choose to comment or publicly interact with the website, you can choose not to login to a WordPress account, or limit what information you provide there (which email address, name, etc.). Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of my websites may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile websites. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from me. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, I may still send you other messages, like those about your contest prizes (if you’re a winner) and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our websites, with the drawback that certain features of my website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Other Things You Should Know
By accessing or using the website or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others